What do you need to do when storing your vehicle for long term storage? Storage Plus Boston offers temperature controlled storage units and large drive up storage units for storing your personal items, but this month we are focused on getting your car ready for winter. Our Waltham MA self storage facility may not have the space to store your vehicle however it is important to prepare your vehicle for cooler weather. With the right vehicle storage tips, you can store your largest items and keep them road ready!
Car storage tips
- Rodents are looking for a safe warm place out of the cold but do not let your car in storage be one of them. Close windows and ensure all openings are locked.
- Putting your car on jacks can help prevent flat spots from forming while in long term storage.
- Stabilizers in the gas tank will keep gas lines open.
- Winter weather can require you to replace simple things like wipers blades if not take care of before storage. Remove wipers so they do not become frozen to the windshield.
- So your battery does not lose its charge, place it on a tender.
- From top to bottom, inside and out, clean your vehicle. Now is a great time to see if there is maintenance that needs done.
Car storage questions are very common and Storage Plus Boston can answer your questions here. Along with these vehicle storage tips, our Waltham MA storage facility provides a safe location to store your other items during the winter. Get ready for a move or create extra space with Storage Plus Boston.
Ready to rent your storage space online
? Here at Storage Plus Boston, we aim to make your next storage rental as easy as possible. When your time is precious but you need storage, choose your Waltham MA storage unit online.